Monday, May 11, 2015

Reflection

Understanding is always the first step to figuring out a solution to a given problem. I think we had an in-depth understanding of power in this course with the different paradigms and vocabularies we learnt. What I found most interesting in the course is learning that power is not always observable; that keeping conflicts from actually emerging by shaping people's belief is much more effective than having a power conflict play out. Keeping issues out of agendas is a very strong form of power. I think that the simulations in which we embodied power really enhanced my understanding of the different ways power plays out. The assignments complemented each other I think by helping us understand power and also utilize it (narrative and rhetoric, dr.power, meditations, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment