Monday, May 11, 2015

Power is all around us

Adopting a critical approach to power as a concept and a dynamic force in the real world affords a greater degree of understanding about the world around us.  Through the coursework, and most primarily our final paper, I've developed a distinctly critical view of power systems in the world.  While I may not always be able to nail them down concisely, I find myself looking out for them in my daily experiences.  These kinds of power span from dynamics among friends to the power exerted by FUS over its students and so on.  Seeing the world through a lens of dynamics and relations creates a very interesting perspective for navigating life.  Not only have instances of power interactions become more obvious, I find myself distinctly curious about discovering more about how power is being operationalized around me.  Power is a deeply complex concept that can be seen in a variety of ways and attempting to understand it is important.  Though I am only beginning to be more conscious of how it operates, I feel inspired to learn more and gain an even deeper perspective on the concept and its impacts on both my life and the world at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment